Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Angela A Brown <ab...@victorygs.com> on 2017/05/05 05:40:01 UTC

Letter of Authorization - LOA request to add Apache Open Office

Dear Rep.

Could you please email us a Letter of Authorization LoA which we could use
for federal and state Gov't; and higher edu (SLED); and per below forwarded
email from the state of MD has been requested of our company as a prime
contract-holder?

Apache Open Office Software https://www.openoffice.org/,

Please respond with Letter of Authorization (LOA).

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Angela A. Brown

Victory Global Solutions, Inc.

 <ma...@victorygs.com> abrown@victorygs.com

Office: (410) 707-0372

Fax: (877) 868-8910

ISO 9001:2008 Certified

Innovate | Accelerate | Transform

Posted by Richard Detwiler <RL...@aol.com>.
On 5/5/2017 7:35 PM, Isaac Schrader wrote:
> You cannot sell this software to anyone. This is free software.

Incorrect, of course. The software can be sold. There isn't much reason
to buy it since it can be obtained for no charge, but there is no
prohibition about selling it.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi,

Brian is correct.

We do ask that you respect our trademark. If distribute your own build then you need permission from the AOO PMC to call it OpenOffice.

Of course if you enhance OpenOffice we hope you will but do not require that you contribute your code back to the project.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.