Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/09/01 22:09:03 UTC

[Httpcomponents Wiki] Update of "BoardReportSept2008" by OlegKalnichevski

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Httpcomponents Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by OlegKalnichevski:
http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/BoardReportSept2008

New page:
= Status =

We missed the report. Again.

= Releases =

Releases since the last report:

 * 29 August 2008 - HttpComponents HttpClient 4.0 beta1

= Community =

No arrivals or departures.

We have been getting a reasonable amount of feedback and contributions in terms
of patches and development ideas. A number of patches has been contributed by
the users of Apache Synapse.

There is a enough activity on both user and developer mailing lists. Overall
the whole community looks and behaves quite healthy.

= Migration =

== Items still in work: ==

 * finalize and approve project bylaws
 * re-instate deployment of website via Subversion (currently deployed by Maven due
 to TLP migration)

= Development =

HttpClient beta1 has been released.

The first BETA brings yet another round of API enhancements and improvements
in the area of connection management. Among the most notable ones is the
capability to handle stateful connections such as persistent NTLM connections
and private key authenticated SSL connections.

This is the first API stable release of HttpClient 4.0. All further releases
in the 4.0 code line will maintain API compatibility with this release.

= General Notes. =

HttpClient / HttpCore are now shipped with Google Android platform. We see
this a major endorsement of our work.