Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Dave Lester <da...@davelester.org> on 2015/09/02 19:39:56 UTC

Bay Area: Apache Aurora Getting Started Workshop / Unconference

Bay Area Apache Aurora Users:

The Apache Aurora community is organizing a getting started
workshop/unconference to bootstrap potential users who are interested in
running the Mesos scheduler but would like extra instruction and
feedback. Plus, the project is now building official deb and rpm
packages that we'd love for you to test out!

Join us for this afternoon workshop, taking place from 1pm-5pm on
Tuesday, September 15th. Afterwards we'll migrate to a nearby bar for
drinks and we hope you'll join us.

Registration:
Available via our meetup.com group:
http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Apache-Aurora-Users-Group/events/225070323/,
with a limited number of seats available so register soon.

Workshop Format / What to Expect:
Several topics will be presented, including
• Basic state of the project and update on upcoming features (REST API,
etc)
• Walk attendees through running Aurora locally
• Presentation of basics for deploying Aurora in production

>From this point we'll open up to attendees, and based upon their skill
levels, questions, and experience break into smaller
groups/conversations to focus on getting them started. We hope to have a
healthy ratio of experienced Aurora developers and newbies, so there
should be opportunities to learn from experienced users.

Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is curious about Mesos and running Apache Aurora. You may
have tried Aurora in the past and run into some issues, or perhaps you
just learned about the project. We'll cover basic topics, but our hope
is that the unconference format will allow us to have more-advanced
discussions as well.

Location:
Downtown San Francisco, we hope to announce this location shortly but it
will be accessible via public transportation.