Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Rafal Krzewski <rk...@ngo.pl> on 2002/12/12 12:38:47 UTC

Message Localization : Jelly

saimon wrote:
> P.S. 2 It would be nice if we could internationalize the plugins/jelly
> scripts aswell. I mean I got one line in spanish and then about 10
> screenfulls of english ;) I don't think it would be difficult to create
> a jelly:i18n tag library..Something like:
>
> <i18n:bundle>messages</i18n:bundle>
> <i18n:get>failed.download.warning</i18n:get>
> or
> <i18n:get locale="el_GR">failed.download.warning</i18n:get>

I think it should be handled by adding an i18n tag into maven taglib.
Then in a plugin.jelly:

<maven:i18n>failed.download.warning</maven:i18n>

The tag itself would simply call static methods on MavenUtils. Seems
trivial, but unfortunately I don't know Jelly API, otherwise I would
hack something together right now....

Rafal