Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Dinesh Pathak <di...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/22 09:22:26 UTC

Socket pooling in Thrift Java async client

Hi,
  Is there a way to share socket between async Java clients. I think,
twisted library provides a way to do socket sharing, where we
use ClientCreator, so for Python async server and client, if we see the
number of  open sockets, it does not go beyond a limit. I am not sure if it
is socket sharing or pooling. For C++, there is something called TSocketPool.
Does something similar exist in Java version of Thrift.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Re: Socket pooling in Thrift Java async client

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
There isn't currently a Java socket pool.