Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Foo Ji-Haw <jh...@nexlabs.com> on 2005/09/22 07:45:00 UTC

'PL_memory_wrap' error when using PAR + 5.8.7

Hi all,

I wonder if you have the same problem as me when trying to use PAR to create a standalone .EXE program. I'm using the latest PAR with ActiveState perl 5.8.7.

When I try to run the .EXE program, a dialog box pops out and show m the 'PL_memory_wrap' error. I've just upgraded my Perl from 5.8.6 (which was error-free), so I don't know if it's to do with the PAR or the Perl base.

Any experience on this matter is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: 'PL_memory_wrap' error when using PAR + 5.8.7

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Foo Ji-Haw wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if you have the same problem as me when trying to
> use PAR to create a standalone .EXE program. I'm using the
> latest PAR with ActiveState perl 5.8.7.
>
> When I try to run the .EXE program, a dialog box pops out
> and show m the 'PL_memory_wrap' error. I've just upgraded
> my Perl from 5.8.6 (which was error-free), so I don't know
> if it's to do with the PAR or the Perl base.
>
> Any experience on this matter is appreciated. Thanks.

There's a par mailing list that would probably
be more appropriate to ask on - see http://lists.perl.org/
for subscription details. This problem does arise with
mod_perl ppm packages, though - for example, it occurs
if one makes up a ppm package with, eg, perl-5.8.7, and
tries to use it on, eg, perl-5.8.3. The solution
is to make up the ppm package with perl-5.8.0, which
should be binary compatible with any perl in the 5.8.x
series.

--
best regards,
randy kobes