Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Brian Frank Cooper <co...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2010/04/23 19:59:34 UTC

YCSB - Yahoo Cloud Serving Benchmark - now available for download

Yahoo! Research is pleased to announce the release of the Yahoo! Cloud Serving Benchmark, YCSB v. 0.1.0, as an open source package. YCSB is a common benchmarking framework for cloud database, storage and serving systems. Results for benchmarking HBase, Cassandra, PNUTS and MySQL will be presented at the upcoming ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing on June 11. The toolkit is extensible to support benchmarking other systems, and defining new workloads.

Source code and documentation is available at:

http://wiki.github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB/

Re: YCSB - Yahoo Cloud Serving Benchmark - now available for download

Posted by Tatsuya Kawano <ta...@snowcocoa.info>.
Hi Brian and the team,

Thanks for making the tools available for us. I just noticed a glitch
in HBaseClient.java; HTable is set to non auto-flush mode, but there
is no place that calls flushCommits() explicitly to push the
uncommitted changes to HBase. When I run -load command with one
million records to insert, I'll only get something like 998,582 loaded
on the table.

This code fragment should fix the problem:

    public void cleanup() throws DBException {
		try {
			if (_hTable != null) {
				_hTable.flushCommits();
			}
		} catch (IOException e) {
			throw new DBException(e);
		}
    }

Tatsuya Kawano (Mr.)
Tokyo, Japan

--
河野 達也
Tatsuya Kawano (Mr.)

twitter: http://twitter.com/tatsuya6502

Re: YCSB - Yahoo Cloud Serving Benchmark - now available for download

Posted by Jeff Hodges <jh...@twitter.com>.
Hell yeah!
--
Jeff