Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by Julio Monteiro <mo...@bredam.com.br> on 2001/10/06 02:31:10 UTC

ProxyPass to local IIS

Hello,

I have been sucessfully using the mod_proxy so far with Zope,
to hide away the :8080 part of the URL.

Tough, now I have a different problem, and think I can solve it
with mod_proxy, but I am having some problems, so if anyone
can help, I would be grateful.

The issue is about a Microsoft IIS server in the local intranet,
that I want to be accessible when some special addresses are
called, like, for instance www.somedomain.com:

<VirtualHost 111.222.333.444>
    ServerName www.somedomain.com
    ServerAlias somedomain.com *.somedomain.com
    ProxyPass / http://10.0.0.4/somedomain
    ErrorLog logs/somedomain.com-error_log
    TransferLog logs/somedomain.com-access_log
</VirtualHost>

If I browse to http://10.0.0.4/somedomain/ I get all the
index ASP files in frames of index.html loaded correctly
as text/html.

However if I try http://www.somedomain.com/ I get the
same page, but the ASP files are loaded as text/plain and
are not rendered to html files.

At first I thought it was some IIS bug, and tried to change
configuration parameters, but as I mentioned, if I browse
to http://10.0.0.4/somedomain/, the site works perfectly.

I wondered if it was because mod_proxy does HTTP/1.0
GETs, right? Thus I tried to manually telnet 10.0.0.4:80
and GET /somedomain/somefile.asp HTTP/1.0 and the
asp file got to me rendered nicely, have alook at the
response headers:
GET /melissaartesanato/asp/principal.asp HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 20:29:05 GMT
Connection: Keep-Alive
Expires: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 20:30:01 GMT
Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDGGQGQOBU=JEPJMEGCJCDEPNJNOHOOAEFI; path=/
Cache-control: private

This "Cache-control" header may have something to do with it?
Or could it be something else?

Thanks a lot!

Júlio Monteiro
www.bredam.com.br

Re: ProxyPass to local IIS

Posted by Ian Holsman <ia...@cnet.com>.
Hi Julio.
just a simple guess.
do you have the asp defined as a text/html in apache
try something like

AddType text/html .asp

..Ian

Re: ProxyPass to local IIS

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Julio Monteiro wrote:

> I wondered if it was because mod_proxy does HTTP/1.0
> GETs, right? Thus I tried to manually telnet 10.0.0.4:80
> and GET /somedomain/somefile.asp HTTP/1.0 and the
> asp file got to me rendered nicely, have alook at the
> response headers:
> GET /melissaartesanato/asp/principal.asp HTTP/1.0

Can you send a trace of what it looks like through the proxy?

Also - what version of Apache are you using?

> This "Cache-control" header may have something to do with it?
> Or could it be something else?

Cache-control controls the way HTTP/1.1 proxies and browser caches cache
content, so no - it shouldn't make a difference.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street