Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by 周爱丽 <zh...@dahuatech.com> on 2009/01/09 00:49:12 UTC

A problem of SVN!

Hi!

     When i run "svnadmin dump" command using Three Repository in all  configure Repository,it happens mistake.It shows "svnadmin: Can't read length line in file" and leads to can not creat dumpfile file.Please  help me how to solve this problem and which tools can be helpful!

     Alice
                2009-01-09

Re: Re: Re: A problem of SVN!

Posted by Dongsheng Song <do...@gmail.com>.
2009/1/12 周爱丽 <zh...@dahuatech.com>:
> hello!
>
>      mistake: svnadmin: Can't read length line in file
> '/VersionStorage/data/Camera_app_temple/db/revs/31'
>
>      1, I create a lot of libraries, including three bank to see such a
> mistake, which some version of the Treasury submitted the problem is the
> code, and some are pure documentation submitted to the Treasury. Wrong
> version of the submission of information is as follows:

See:
http://i18n-zh.googlecode.com/svn/www/svnbook-1.4/svn.reposadmin.maint.html#svn.reposadmin.maint.filtering
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.reposadmin.maint.html#svn.reposadmin.maint.filtering

> 2, about version
>     The original installation of the server version 1.3.1, currently planned
> server transplantation, there are problems of the Treasury hope to be able
> to solve this problem before the transplant.   I also installed a new server
> system is ubuntu7.10, why execute of sudo apt-get install subversion order
> subversion version 1.4.4, But it isn't latest ?

Yes,  all linux distribution always ship older version.
And your os is some older, See:
http://www.ubuntu.org.cn/getubuntu/download
http://baike.baidu.com/view/4236.htm

> 3、permissions is OK;
>
> 3、'svnadmin recover':display the same error
>      svnadmin: Can't read length line in file
> '/VersionStorage/data/Camera_app_temple/db/revs/31'
> ________________________________

I'm not sure, if there no filesystem data loss, 'svnadmin recover'
should not fail.
Try do this with 'root' role ?

Re: Re: Re: A problem of SVN!

Posted by 周爱丽 <zh...@dahuatech.com>.
hello!

     mistake: svnadmin: Can't read length line in file '/VersionStorage/data/Camera_app_temple/db/revs/31'

     1, I create a lot of libraries, including three bank to see such a mistake, which some version of the Treasury submitted the problem is the code, and some are pure documentation submitted to the Treasury. Wrong version of the submission of information is as follows:

Revision: 4474
Author: zhong_haiyan
Date: 10:12:48, 2008年1月30日
Message:
说明书根据程序分为2.402和2.42版本
再加上2个简易操作手册
----
Deleted : /公共性文档/说明书/二代DVR/二代通用硬盘录像机使用手册(通用-IDE)200608.doc
Deleted : /公共性文档/说明书/二代DVR/二代通用硬盘录像机使用手册(通用-IDE)200608.pdf
Deleted : /公共性文档/说明书/二代DVR/二代通用硬盘录像机使用手册(通用-IDE-SATA)20070529.doc
Deleted : /公共性文档/说明书/二代DVR/二代通用硬盘录像机使用手册(通用-IDE-SATA)20070529.pdf
Deleted : /公共性文档/说明书/二代DVR/数字硬盘录像机(2U机箱-IDE-SATA)--快速操作手册.doc
Added : /公共性文档/说明书/二代DVR/数字硬盘录像机--快速操作手册(2U-IDE-SATA-2.402).doc
Added : /公共性文档/说明书/二代DVR/数字硬盘录像机--快速操作手册(2U-IDE-SATA-2.42).doc
Added : /公共性文档/说明书/二代DVR/数字硬盘录像机说明书(2U-IDE-SATA)2.402.doc
Added : /公共性文档/说明书/二代DVR/数字硬盘录像机说明书(2U-IDE-SATA)2.42.doc
Deleted : /公共性文档/说明书/二代DVR/通用DVR说明书(2U机箱-IDE-SATA)2.402.doc

Revision: 31
Author: xu_zhiyong
Date: 8:38:51, 2008年12月19日
Message:
编译生成目标文件
----
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/CtrlClient.ncb
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/CtrlClient.opt
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/CtrlClient.plg
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/Debug/ChnSet.obj
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/Debug/CommCfg.obj
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/Debug/CtrlClient.exe
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/Debug/CtrlClient.ilk
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/Debug/CtrlClient.obj
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/Debug/CtrlClient.pch
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/Debug/CtrlClient.pdb
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/Debug/CtrlClientDlg.obj
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/Debug/CtrlCmd.obj
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/Debug/StdAfx.obj
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/Debug/SysUpdate.obj
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/Debug/vc60.idb
Modified : /Tools/CtrlClient/Trunk/Debug/vc60.pdb

Posted by Dongsheng Song <do...@gmail.com>.
1. Check file permissions
2. Run 'svnadmin recover'

Re: Re: A problem of SVN!

Posted by 周爱丽 <zh...@dahuatech.com>.
Dongsheng Song,您好!

    the command 'svnadmin verify' output :
     svnadmin: Can't read length line in file 'Camera_app_temple/db/revs/31'

     1、OS:ubuntu 6.04;
     2、The version of Subversion:1.3.1 (r19032);
     3、The repository using FSFS;
     4、Get the error message only on some specific repository;
     5、The command 'svnadmin dumpfile' output :svnadmin: Can't read length line in file 'Camera_app_temple/db/revs/31';

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Re: A problem of SVN!

Posted by Dongsheng Song <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: A problem of SVN!

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jan 11, 2009, at 20:15, 周爱丽 wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt,您好!
>
>> On Jan 8, 2009, at 18:49, 周爱丽 wrote:
>>
>> >      When i run "svnadmin dump" command using Three Repository in
>> > all  configure Repository,it happens mistake.It shows "svnadmin:
>> > Can't read length line in file" and leads to can not creat dumpfile
>> > file.Please  help me how to solve this problem and which tools can
>> > be helpful!
>>
>> We need more information to help you, such as:
>>
>> What OS is on the server?
>>
>> What version of Subversion is on the server?
>>
>> Is the repository using FSFS or BerkeleyDB (BDB)?
>>
>> Do you get the error message when dumping any repository, even a
>> newly created empty repository, or only on a specific repository?
>>
>> Does it say what file it cannot read the length of?
>>
>> Does it happen immediately, or only after it has correctly dumped a
>> number of revisions?
>>
>> How big is the repository?
>

>      1、OS:ubuntu 6.04;
>      2、The version of Subversion:1.3.1 (r19032);
>      3、The repository using FSFS;
>      4、Get the error message only on some specific repository;
>      5、The command 'svnadmin dumpfile' output :svnadmin: Can't
> read length line in file 'Camera_app_temple/db/revs/31';
>      6、It happens only after correctly dumped a  number of
> revisions;
>      4、The big of repository :159M。

I'm sending this reply back to the mailing list. Remember to use the
list too, not just to me.

I'm not sure why it can't read the length line in the revision 31
file. It may have been corrupted. You could examine its contents and
see if it looks different to you than the other revision files that
dumped correctly. Can you restore this revision file from a backup?

You might also want to upgrade to Subversion 1.5.5. Subversion 1.3.x
and earlier are not supported anymore.

Re: A problem of SVN!

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.