Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@apache.org> on 2016/02/16 19:41:16 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Sentry from the Incubator

Hi all,

With positive discussion[1] around graduating sentry, I am calling a
VOTE to graduate the project from the Incubator to a TLP. Please vote
on the resolution pasted below the ballot.

[ ] +1 Graduate Sentry from the Incubator
[ ] +0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Sentry from the Incubator (please specify reason)

Here is my vote:
+1 (binding)

Sravya Tirukkovalur

Resolution to create a TLP from graduating Incubator podling:

    X. Establish the Apache Sentry Project

       open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
       the public, related to Fine grained authorization to data and
metadata in Hadoop.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Sentry Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Sentry Project be and hereby is
       related to Fine grained authorization to data and metadata in Hadoop;
       and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Sentry" be
       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
       serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
       of the Apache Sentry Project, and to have primary responsibility
       for management of the projects within the scope of
       responsibility of the Apache Sentry Project; and be it further

       Apache Sentry Project:

         * Ali Rizvi <al...@apache.org>

         * Anne Yu <an...@apache.org>

         * Arun Suresh <as...@apache.org>

         * Brock Noland <br...@apache.org>

         * Chaoyu Tang <ct...@apache.org>

         * Colin Ma <co...@apache.org>

         * Daisy Zhou <da...@apache.org>

         * Dapeng Sun <sd...@apache.org>

         * David Nalley <ke...@apache.org>

         * Erick Tryzelaar <er...@apache.org>

         * Gregory Chanan <gc...@apache.org>

         * Guoquan Shen <gq...@apache.org>

         * Hadi Nahari <ha...@apache.org>

         * Hao Hao <TO be filled@apache.org>

         * Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>

         * Johnny Zhang <dr...@apache.org>

         * Karthik Ramachandran <kr...@apache.org>

         * Mark Grover <ma...@apache.org>

         * Milo Polte <mi...@apache.org>

         * Lenni Kuff <ls...@apache.org>

         * Patrick Daly <da...@apache.org>

         * Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>

         * Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@apache.org>

         * Raghu Mani <ra...@apache.org>

         * Sean Mackrory <ma...@apache.org>

         * Shreepadma Venugopalan <sh...@apache.org>

         * Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@apache.org>

         * Tuong Truong <tu...@apache.org>

         * Vamsee Yarlagadda <va...@apache.org>

         * Xiaomeng Huang <xi...@apache.org>

         * Xuefu Zhang <xu...@apache.org>

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Sravya Tirukkovalur
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Sentry, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
       or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Sentry PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
       encourage open development and increased participation in the
       Apache Sentry Project; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Sentry Project be and hereby
       Incubator Sentry podling; and be it further

       Incubator Sentry podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       Project are hereafter discharged.

[1]: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-sentry-dev/201601.mbox/%3CCACMN7iwH6sgYF1oMn-x1WciJMur_veOcKd6uuRmCjrrU%3DvvWOw%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Sentry from the Incubator

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 Graduate Sentry from the Incubator

Regards,
Arvind

Posted by Anne Yu <an...@cloudera.com>.
[x] +1 Graduate Sentry from the Incubator.

Best,
Anne

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Sentry from the Incubator

Posted by "Sun, Dapeng" <da...@intel.com>.

wrote:

> [x] +1 Graduate Sentry from the Incubator
>
> Greg
>
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > [x] +1 Graduate Sentry from the Incubator.  Thanks!
> >
> > Best,
> > Hao
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Lenni Kuff <ls...@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > [x] +1 Graduate Sentry from the Incubator
> > >
> > > On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Sravya Tirukkovalur <
> sravya@apache.org

> reason)

> be
> responsibility

> Tirukkovalur

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-sentry-dev/201601.m
> box/%3CCACMN7iwH6sgYF1oMn-x1WciJMur_veOcKd6uuRmCjrrU%3DvvWOw%40mail.gm
> ail.com%3E

Vamsee

RE: [VOTE] Graduate Sentry from the Incubator

Posted by "Ma, Junjie" <ju...@intel.com>.

wrote:

> [x] +1 Graduate Sentry from the Incubator
>
> Greg
>
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > [x] +1 Graduate Sentry from the Incubator.  Thanks!
> >
> > Best,
> > Hao
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Lenni Kuff <ls...@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > [x] +1 Graduate Sentry from the Incubator
> > >
> > > On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Sravya Tirukkovalur <
> sravya@apache.org

> reason)

> be
> responsibility

> Tirukkovalur

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-sentry-dev/201601.m
> box/%3CCACMN7iwH6sgYF1oMn-x1WciJMur_veOcKd6uuRmCjrrU%3DvvWOw%40mail.gm
> ail.com%3E

Vamsee

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Sentry from the Incubator

Posted by Vamsee Yarlagadda <va...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Gregory Chanan <gc...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Lenni Kuff <ls...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@apache.org>.
  [X] +1 Graduate Sentry from the Incubator

thanks
Prasad