Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Ash .." <eq...@hotmail.com> on 2003/11/22 22:01:51 UTC

new functionality in some of the commons classes - contd

Hello again,

Adding to my earlier email I just sent out, I wish to give an example here,
of some of the ideas I have.

The concept of a "naught" String.

A String is naught if it is either 'null' or is the literal "null".

I have often encountered this situation in my JSP project where a particular
parameter is passed in
as x=null, and I need to insert code everytime saying if(x == null ||
x.equals("null"))

Perhaps others have encountered a similar situation. I thus propose the
following functionality in the
org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils class:

StringUtils.isNaught(String str)

And more such to go. Waiting for some feedback.
Thanks,
Ash