Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2019/12/17 23:36:24 UTC

Repo transfers

Hi,

So the discussion on legal discuss has died down [1] and the SGA has been filled. My reading of that legal thread is that you now OK to transfer everything across. Code not owned by the Nuttx project can be worked as needed as everything is under a compatible license (BSD/MIT) and we have ICLAs (or will soon do) from the major contributors. Given bitbucket is git under the hood I’m not even sure we need to involve Infra and can just transfer the repos across and history will still be preserved.

I would suggest we ask for a VM from infra to set up fossology [2] so we can track all of the licenses / owners of the files. The will also help up build up the LICENSE (and NOTICE) files. This process will take time but it doesn’t have to be complete before you make you first release here and can happen in parallel.  One consideration may be that projects generally get one free VM and we may want to use it for something else. It may be that other project will want to use fossology and we get around it that way.

Does anyone has a different approach to suggest?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d58f8edd36eff155f061e84229dc035a71ea5cd7f0fa622bdd1a5dd0%40%3Clegal-discuss.apache.org%3E
2. https://www.fossology.org

Re: Repo transfers

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
git clone --bare <old_repo>
cd <old_repo>
git push --porcelain --mirror <new_repo>

I've done some migrations recently with the commands above.

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2019年12月18日周三 下午2:05写道:

Re: Repo transfers

Re: Repo transfers

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.