Posted to pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org by Roman Chyla <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/13 14:47:53 UTC

--module option not playing nicely with relative paths

Hi,

Until recently, I wasn't using --module parameter. But now I do and
the compilation was failing, because I am not building things in the
top folder, but from inside build - to avoid clutter.

I believe I discovered a bug and I am sending a patch. Basically,
jcc.py is copying modules into the build dir.

my project is organized as:

  build
    build
  java
  python
    packageA
    packageB

I build things inside build, if I specify a relative path, --module
'../python/packageA', jcc will correctly copy the tree structure
resulting in

extension
    packageA
    packageB

However, the package names (for distutils setup) will be set to
['extension', 'extension..python.packageA',
'extension..python.packageB']
Which ends up in this error:

     [exec] running install
     [exec] running bdist_egg
     [exec] running egg_info
     [exec] writing solrpie_java.egg-info/PKG-INFO
     [exec] writing top-level names to solrpie_java.egg-info/top_level.txt
     [exec] writing dependency_links to
solrpie_java.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
     [exec] warning: manifest_maker: standard file '__main__.py' not found
     [exec] error: package directory
'build/solrpie_java/python/solrpye' does not exist

Cheers,

  roman

Re: --module option not playing nicely with relative paths

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
  Hi Roman,

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011, Roman Chyla wrote:

> By mistake it had .py suffix, trying now with .patch.

I integrated your patch into rev 1058713 of jcc's trunk with a minor change.
(I renamed the _package_track variable)

Thanks !

Andi..

Posted by Roman Chyla <ro...@gmail.com>.