Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Neha <ju...@in.com> on 2012/04/12 04:06:58 UTC

Performance Optimization techniques HBase

I am a newbie in HBase. I am working on importing large scale data.
What are the general optimization techniques/ways that should be used, while
developing such a code?
We are using HBase Java API (Mapper/Reducer architecture).
Also, we don't want to do the alterations at byte level, using HFiles (as done
by ImportTsv).
Could someone please suggest some techniques/ways to do this efficiently.

Re: Performance Optimization techniques HBase

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
And the "HBase: THe Definitive Guide" book from Lars George
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920014348.do

On 04/12/2012 08:14 AM, Alex Baranau wrote:
> In case you haven't checked yet:
>
> * http://hbase.apache.org/bulk-loads.html
> * http://hbase.apache.org/book.html
>
> Alex Baranau
> ------
> Sematext :: http://blog.sematext.com/ :: Solr - Lucene - Hadoop - HBase
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Neha<ju...@in.com>  wrote:
>
>> I am a newbie in HBase. I am working on importing large scale data.
>> What are the general optimization techniques/ways that should be used,
>> while
>> developing such a code?
>> We are using HBase Java API (Mapper/Reducer architecture).
>> Also, we don't want to do the alterations at byte level, using HFiles (as
>> done
>> by ImportTsv).
>> Could someone please suggest some techniques/ways to do this efficiently.

> http://www.uci.cu

Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda (@marcosluis2186)
  Data Engineer at UCI
  http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci

Re: Performance Optimization techniques HBase

Posted by Alex Baranau <al...@gmail.com>.