Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Xiao Meng <xi...@simba.com> on 2014/04/09 05:05:23 UTC

RE: Setting up Hive...

Hi,

We finally get the hive storage engine up (the previous problem is mainly due to some environmental variable settings)

However,   it has problem when we try to query a specific hive table.

For example, we have the following table in the INFROMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES:

| DRILL         | hivestg      | store_sales_fact_denorm | TABLE      |

When we query:

> select * from hivestg.`store_sales_fact_denorm` limit 1;

It shows the following exception:

Query failed: org.apache.drill.exec.rpc.RpcException: Remote failure while running query.[error_id: "8bcf902e-a0c6-461c-94db-916d2188d1b2"
endpoint {
  address: <my host name>
  user_port: 31016
  control_port: 31017
  data_port: 31018
}
error_type: 0
message: "Failure while parsing sql. < OptimizerException:[ Failure while attempting to retrieve storage engine. ] < IOException:[ org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.ExecutionSetupException: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: Server IPC version 9 cannot communicate with client version 4 ] < ExecutionSetupException:[ org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: Server IPC version 9 cannot communicate with client version 4 ] < RemoteException:[ Server IPC version 9 cannot communicate with client version 4 ]"
]

It seems a version problem. Any suggestion on this?

BTW, we use the following storage-engines settings:

{
    hivestg : {
        type:"hive",
        config :
          {
            "hive.metastore.uris" : "thrift://<hostname>:9083",
            "hive.metastore.sasl.enabled" : "false"
          }
      }
  }
}

Thanks,

Xiao

Posted by Xiao Meng <mx...@gmail.com>.
Best,

Xiao

RE: Setting up Hive...

Posted by Xiao Meng <xi...@simba.com>.
It is  the problem of hadoop/hdfs  version. We are running hive 0.12 on top of hadoop 2.x.
But it seems Drill use hadoop 1.x currently.

Best,

Xiao

Re: Setting up Hive...

Posted by George Chow <ge...@overcoil.com>.