Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Mikhail Petrov <pm...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/06 11:28:15 UTC

Re: Discovery-based services deployment guarantees question

Hello, Igniters.

I am working on IGNITE-12894 - [1]. It seems that it has the root cause
which is similar to the problem described in this thread.

To solve these problems, I propose to change the behavior of the
IgniteServiceProcessor#serviceTopology if the timeout argument is 0.
At the moment, IgniteServiceProcessor#serviceTopology returns the
topology immediately, regardless of whether it was initialized or not in
this case. I propose to wait for the service topology to be initialized
if the requested service is already registered on local node, but the
full message was not received from the coordinator yet.

So the final behavior of IgniteServices#serviceProxy() will be:
1. If the timeout is specified - it waits for the topology over a
specified timeout even if the requested service was not registered yet.
As in current implementation.

2. If the timeout is not specified - if service was not registered it
fails immediately, else it is waiting for the topology initialization
(full message from the coordinator) if needed.

Here is PR with the implementation of the described proposal - [2].

WDYT?

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-12894
[2] - https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/7771

Posted by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com>.
Mikhail, I merged your changes.
Thanks for your contribution!

--
Best Regards,
Vyacheslav D.

Re: Discovery-based services deployment guarantees question

Posted by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Vyacheslav D.