Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Paul J. Lucas" <pj...@best.com> on 2000/11/08 01:42:10 UTC

Clarification of PERL_STASH_POST_DATA

	OK, so the documentation for PERL_STASH_POST_DATA reads:

		There is an experimental option for Makefile.PL
		called PERL_STASH_POST_DATA. If you turn it on,
		you can get at it again with $r->subprocess_env("POST_DATA").
		This is not on by default because it adds
		overhead.

	So I rebuilt Apache and mod_perl with PERL_STASH_POST_DATA=1
	on the perl Makefile.PL line; however:

	1. What *is* $r->subprocess_env("POST_DATA") ?  Just the entire
	   posted data squished up into a single scalar?  What about
	   file uploads?

	2. The $r->subprocess_env("POST_DATA") doesn't even seem to
	   work.  I "warn" it to the log file and I get nothing there.

	The general problem is preserving POSTed data, including file
	uploads, for all handlers.

	- Paul