Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/22 19:02:17 UTC

Container Storage Interface (CSI)

Hi,

Container Storage Interface (CSI)
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-7289>is a joint work between
container orchestrators (Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker and Cloud Foundry)
trying to standardize the interface between container orchestrator and
storage platforms.

The goal is to let storage platforms just write one plugin that works for
all container orchestrators.

The initial discussion is captured in this doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JMNVNP-ZHz8cGlnqckOnpJmHF-DNY7IYP-
Di7iuVhQI/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to comment on that doc if you have any thoughts! This is the same
doc shared in the k8s and Docker community.

The relevant Mesos work to integrate CSI is captured in the Resource
Provider <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-7235> design doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/125YWqg_5BB5OY9a6M7LZcby5RSqBwo2PZzpVL
uxYXh4/edit?usp=sharing

- Jie

Re: Container Storage Interface (CSI)

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
The CSI spec doc has been updated after collecting feedbacks from the
community. Please take a look

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

Posted by Dave Lester <dl...@apache.org>.