Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dinesh Sharma <hi...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/14 05:46:09 UTC

Re: WELCOME to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

Hi,
      I want to define my application with DEFAULT CONTEXT. When i
changes the context root from to "/", then context fragment file is
changed to [.xml] and tomcat is not able to load properly. Anybody
have any idea on this???

In General How do i define context "/" for my application?

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
First, welcome to the list.

Second, Whenever you are posting to the list with a new issue, please start
with a new email. Do not do a reply-to, even if you change the subject it
messes up the listings for the archives and some email clients.

Third, please post in your email, the version of Tomcat, OS, and Java so we
may help you better.

Because of the issue you described has been a common one lately, I will go
on the assumption that you are running 5.5 With this you will have to define
your default context in the server.xml file. also note that you will need
path set to "" empty string for the default.

Here are a few links to help you.

Context info:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html

Posting to the list:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html

Please don't take offence to these comments, the goal here is to help you
and others get the most from the list.

Doug