Posted to community@apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/10/24 12:55:45 UTC

Fwd: Re: Incubator, Jakarta, and new projects

Subject: Re: Incubator, Jakarta, and new projects
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:53:25 +1000
From: Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:41, Ted Husted wrote:
> More than anything, we need a way that
> will enable the people behind each product
> "to learn more about what is truly behind
> the name 'Apache'".

I think I like that quote the most out of anything anybody has said since
 this whole reorg process started ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"Liberty means responsibility. That is
      why most men dread it." - Locke

Cheers,

Peter Donald
 "No. Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
                                     -- Yoda

Incubator (was: Incubator, Jakarta, and new projects)

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 03:14:04PM -0700, John Keyes wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:41, Ted Husted wrote:
> > > More than anything, we need a way that
> > > will enable the people behind each product
> > > "to learn more about what is truly behind
> > > the name 'Apache'".
> >
> > I think I like that quote the most out of anything anybody has said since
> >  this whole reorg process started ;)
>
> I think this would be extremely helpful.  As one of the newer
> commiters I am naive in the ways of Apache so if there was a
> place to learn more about what is truly behind 'Apache' would
> be great.

The Incubator Project (http://incubator.apache.org/) was built for exactly
this. Ken Coar has already started on some doc on what "Apache" really means
and stands for.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: Fwd: Re: Incubator, Jakarta, and new projects

Posted by John Keyes <jk...@icarus.apache.org>.

> On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:41, Ted Husted wrote:
> > More than anything, we need a way that
> > will enable the people behind each product
> > "to learn more about what is truly behind
> > the name 'Apache'".
>
> I think I like that quote the most out of anything anybody has said since
>  this whole reorg process started ;)
I think this would be extremely helpful.  As one of the newer
commiters I am naive in the ways of Apache so if there was a
place to learn more about what is truly behind 'Apache' would
be great.

-John K