Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jo...@genpt.com on 2003/09/05 21:07:19 UTC

Administer Axis ... what does it do?

When I have taken all the steps I have seen to make the Administer Axis
link work properly.  When I click on it, I see:

Server is running
Current load = 1

I did a search on this forum and found a thread about this same topic. The

best response I saw was basically, "yeah, that's it, what more would you
want?"  I almost think this must have been a joke, but I am not sure.  Is
this all that the Admin is supposed to do?  Or am I missing something?

If that question was serious, for starters, I would like to be able to
shutdown(stop) or reload at the web service level, so a list of configured

web services and links to start, stop, and reload would be nice.  I don't
want to have to shutdown all web services, by reloading Axis, just because

I need to update the software for one of them.

How do you get around this now?  If I have multiple web services running
and I need to update the software for one of them, is my only choice to
reload Axis?

Thanks.