Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeroen Kransen <to...@jeroen.kransen.nl> on 2005/03/07 22:26:30 UTC

[OT] login form on directly referenced page

Hello,

I think I already found the answer elsewhere ("it is not possible!"),
but I would be very frustrated and disappointed, and that's why I'm
trying here. What I want is to have a login form on the (publicly
accessible) main page of my web site, so that a user can enter
username/password whenever he feels like it, and gets more options after
being logged in. When I put the form on the page, with j_usermane,
j_password and j_security_check, I get a message "Invalid direct
reference to form login page". This is true, because the "login page" in
this case is the main page. How can I solve this problem, or what are
the cleanest possible work-arounds?

Jeroen

Re: [OT] login form on directly referenced page

Posted by Chong Yu Meng <ch...@cymulacrum.net>.