Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mike Kenny <in...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/30 00:43:31 UTC

AWL timeouts

I get the following error in my log file

Jan 29 21:51:31 mx4 amavis[8555]: (08555-03) SA TIMED OUT, backtrace: at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/DBBasedAddrList.pm line
165\n\teval {...} called at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/DBBasedAddrList.pm line
165\n\tMail::SpamAssassin::DBBasedAddrList::remove_entry('Mail::SpamAssassin::DBBasedAddrList=HASH(0x2b619d096b30)',
'HASH(0x2b619d096bd0)') called at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/AutoWhitelist.pm line
135\n\tMail::SpamAssassin::AutoWhitelist::check_address('Mail::SpamAssassin::AutoWhitelist=HASH(0x2b619d096ad0)',
'edza@vodamail.co.za', 41.220.31.40) called at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/AWL.pm line
356\n\teval {...} called at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/AWL.pm line
352\n\tMail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AWL::check_from_in_auto_whitelist('Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AWL=HASH(0x206e6b0)',
'Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus=HASH...

To the best of my knowledge I have awl turned off. I am using SA 3.1 and I
notice that my v310.pre has this line in it:
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AWL
Is this what is turning on AWL?
It seems to have created a 10Mb file in the home dir of my mail user (using
virtual mailboxes). Is there some way I can truncate this to avoid the
timeout error above? For that matter, what is the effect of the above error?
Lastly, is there any decent documentation on AWL? I have googled and I have
read the O' Reilly SpamAssassin by Alan Schwartz, but I think this is a bit
dated.

Thanks for any information

Mike

Re: AWL timeouts