Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org> on 2018/03/04 09:43:37 UTC

Upcoming 2.2.0 release

Hi all,

Now that we're on the brink of releasing 2.2.0 (vote is happening in thread
[1]), can we have a look at the open tickets that are associated with this
release (see [2]). And see whether we can do some housekeeping (e.g. by
moving tickets to a next intended release, like 2.3.0, 2.4.0, etc.), so
that our JIRA reflects reality and intentions a bit more.

[1] [VOTE] Apache Trafodion release 2.2.0 RC3
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/109c5b633a349c5196e4a1a49d9d7f3ee1010a8c99022b6438d116b4@%3Cdev.trafodion.apache.org%3E>
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TRAFODION/versions/12338559

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

V.P. Apache Trafodion

Re: Upcoming 2.2.0 release

Posted by Suresh Subbiah <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The warnings raised by JIRA are using this filter
project = 12318620 AND fixVersion = 12338559 AND statusCategory = done AND
issue.property[development].commits > 0 AND
issue.property[development].reviews = 0 ORDER BY priority DESC, key ASC

It seems that if we have a review where we simply give a vote without using
the review feature in git, this warning will be triggered. I tried doing a
review now for PR 1011 (associated with JIRA 2474) but it does not seem to
help. To avoid the warnings we will need to change our review guidelines.
Alternatively we could disable this criterion from the "Manage Warnings"
button

*Unreviewed Code*

These issues have been marked complete but the commits are not part of a
pull request or review.

I have now disabled this criterion and the warnings have gone away.
We should talk about whether we should insist on use git review for the
next release, and therefore enable this warning back.

Thank you
Suresh

PS The concern raised by Pierre remains. There are 86 issues that are
incorrectly assigned to R2.2, that will have to be moved to a later
release. I will move mine today. If the owner of a JIRA would like to
change Fix/Version to a future release that will be best. Otherwise by
tomorrow we can simply move all remaining 86 issues to R2.3

RE: Upcoming 2.2.0 release

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Pierre,