Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/05 10:45:46 UTC

Announcement: Click 0.5

Click v 0.5 Web Application Framework is now available.

Click Highlights:
    *  Very easy to learn
    * Component and Page Oriented design
    * Event base programming model
    * Automatic form validation
    * Page templating
    * Velocity page rendering
    * Superb error reporting
    * High performance

What to know why anyone would want to build another web application
framework please see
Why Click? at http://click.sourceforge.net/docs/why-click.html

For the Click Road Map and Changes see:
http://click.sourceforge.net/docs/roadmap-changes.html

regards Malcolm Edgar

Re: Announcement: Click 0.5

Posted by Andrew Mason <an...@assertis.net>.
I'm glad you brought that up, as I had similar reservations when i looked at
the page. Other than that it looks really quite good.

Re: Announcement: Click 0.5

Posted by jian chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Announcement: Click 0.5

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the feedback.

The Click framework uses a custom Velocity 1.5 build to provided
enhanced error reporting.

Its actually better than the line-precise error reporting you get in
Tapesty, as Click will render the source code with the error. For
example:

http://click.sourceforge.net/docs/error-npe.html

http://click.sourceforge.net/docs/error-parsing.html

regards Malcolm Edgar