Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by suprememenu <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/28 12:04:33 UTC

how to write Sql query in system out or to a log using ibatis?

hi all,
       Can anyone can guide me how can i write the sql query in system.out?

This query is in a.xml file

 <select id="getDetailsId" resultClass="Trans" parameterClass="string">
  	select sequenceId,
  	name,
  	lastname,
  	mobileNo,
  	 from mytable  where
  	Id=#Id#
  </select>

when i call this query i need to write to the System.out the executing of
the query

for

System.out("The executing query is "+
select sequenceId,
  	name,
  	lastname,
  	mobileNo,
  	 from mytable  where
  	Id=25662);

when i use in normal jdbc connection

like for ex
sql="select sequenceId,
  	name,
  	lastname,
  	mobileNo,
  	 from mytable  where
  	Id="+<%=id%>

System.out("The executing query is "+ sql);
rs.executeQuery(sql)

I tried to system.out to just know the query before executing .

RE: how to write Sql query in system out or to a log using ibatis?

Posted by Tom Henricksen <To...@A-t-g.com>.
Use something like log4j and add something like this to your log4j.xml.

	<logger name="java.sql">
		<level value="debug" />
	</logger>

You will get something like this:

java.sql.PreparedStatement     - {pstm-100028} Executing Statement:
SELECT * FROM EMP WHERE EMPNAME = ?
java.sql.PreparedStatement     - {pstm-100028} Parameters: [BOB]
java.sql.PreparedStatement     - {pstm-100028} Types: [java.lang.String]

System.out.println should be avoided.

Posted by meindert <me...@eduflex.com>.
That question comes up a lot, you can log the actual query if you switch
log4j logging on (see documentation) but
a) I wouldn't know a easy way to get the query back to your code
b) The query is parameterized, the parameter values are in the log
Meaning you can get the query string like
 select sequenceId,
  	name,
  	lastname,
  	mobileNo,