Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Patricio Alfaro <pf...@home.com> on 2001/09/17 05:42:04 UTC

How would an application interact with Xerces-c++ XML functions

Hi, I am new at using XML. I involved in a project to exchange insurance information between agencies and a central insurance organization. XML will be used for transfer the data.

I am not sure how Xerces-C++ would parse an XML file. I would assume that there would be a functions reading each data item's tag and others for writing tags. And from these, a number of standards must evolve.

I need functions to interact from C programs to some utility that would allow me to read and write data items in XML format.

How do I install Xerces on Win98. So far, I dowloaded xerces-c1_5_1-win32.
Thanks
Patricio