Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Keren Ouaknine <ke...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/26 10:58:23 UTC

debugging Hive

Hello,

I would like to debug Hive, and am following this tutorial:
https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/developerguide.html#DeveloperGuide-DebuggingHivecode

> make sure that you have run ant model-jar in hive/metastore and ant
gen-test in hive since the last time you ran ant clean
ant gen-test target exists into build.xml:
$HIVE_HOME/src/contrib
$HIVE_HOME/src/ql

I tried to build the target, and it failed in both cases.

Can you help? Is there another tutorial you would recommend trying out?

Thanks,
Keren

--
Keren Ouaknine
Web: www.kereno.com

RE: debugging Hive

Posted by Kanna Karanam <ka...@microsoft.com>.
Hi Keren - Please check this JIRA. It looks like this step is no more required.

Kanna