Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by sk ask <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/24 15:59:44 UTC

Using Xalan exclusively, WO xerces reference

Hi,
 I currently have a wrapper written around xerces
and xalan. However, it ends up converting xalan
nodes to xerces nodes. In some cases, I return
NodeRefSet - but when I step through the nodeset,
I again revert to the bride and return the xerces
node. I guess this has a performance penalty.

Since, I have a wrapper anyway, is it not better to
just use xalan all the way (from loading the document
to creating new nodes, querying etc.).

One hack I keep having to do is - If I start a
document
from scratch and later try to query it (xpath), it
always fails, until I save and reload that document.
Can this step be avoided if I use xalan exclusively?

Thanks for any info/pointers.

=====

http://health.yahoo.com