Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/22 20:23:34 UTC

maven assembly plugin to create a remote repository?

Hi,

is it possible to use the maven assembly plugin to create a remote
repository? I have some custom artifacts that my build needs. I don't want
to force my users to have to manually do 'mvn install:install-file' for each
of those. I have seen you can create a local repository which you need to
unzip then, but it would be easier if they can just include a new repository
url. My project is an open-source sourceforge project, so I can only upload
static files and not install something like archiva or proximity.

1) Is this possible?

2) Is it possible to also include the plugin versions? I'm using some
SNAPSHOT versions of plugins, but I can't wait forever to release, so I
would like to give those a custom version and make them available.

regards,

Wim

--
Vigilog - an open source log file viewer: http://vigilog.sourceforge.net
Blog: http://www.jroller.com/page/Fester

Re: maven assembly plugin to create a remote repository?

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
On 8/23/07, Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/8/23, Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>:
>
> <ignore>but that is the official page of the plugin! I would expect some
> accurate information here. </ignore>

<ignore>
If you're not happy, provide a patch or open an issue :) There's
plenty of things that need to be improved.
</ignore>

> My open source project is very simple with only a few dependencies. I could
> live with fact that I wipe out the complete remote repository and upload all
> the dependencies again for now. So if I let the assembly plugin generate
> that zip file, unzip that file onto a directory that the site plugin will
> upload (target/site or target/staging), I should get a remote repository on
> my website. Is this correct?

Yes.

> thank you for your help,

You're welcome.

Cheers,
Stéphane

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
2007/8/23, Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>:

> Well, you hit part of the actual problem we're facing as well.
>
> The documentation referred by your link is wrong. There's a flag that
> allows to include the metadata in order for the repository to be used
> as a standard remote repository

<ignore>but that is the official page of the plugin! I would expect some
accurate information here. </ignore>
ok, thank you for that information :)

<snip>

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.