Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/16 00:11:52 UTC

filtering web.xml

Hi to all,

In a war project I'd like to filter the src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml :

ie : update the display name to include the pom version

	<display-name>My Site Application v${pom.version}</display-name>

I read some threads and it's not clear if it should be done by
web-resources or standard filtering.

ie : http://www.nabble.com/War-plugin-and-filtering-webapp-files-to4384723.html

Advice welcome, I'm using maven-war-plugin 2.0.2

regards and thanks for your help, I'm being crasy :)

Re: filtering web.xml

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
Any news about this problem ?

Re: filtering web.xml

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: filtering web.xml

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
There's currently a discussion on the dev list [1] about releasing the
next version of the war plugin. I posted there yesterday that this bug
should be fixed before a release, you can express your opinion there as
well. Additionally, you can vote on the bug report in jira, to make it
more visible to the developers that this is an urgent issue for users.

-Tim

[1]
http://www.nabble.com/Releasng-the-war-and-deploy-plugins-to17155510.html

Re: filtering web.xml

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: filtering web.xml

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: filtering web.xml

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.

Re: filtering web.xml

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: filtering web.xml

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
*.version => pom.version

*.name => pom.name

Re: filtering web.xml

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: filtering web.xml

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
Strange, indeed.

Re: filtering web.xml

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
Strange.

Re: filtering web.xml

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks Tim.

Re: filtering web.xml

Posted by the_tfulton <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Just to build on this a bit, the maven plugin definitely supports the
filtering of resources (outside of WEB-INF/classes).  Here is a full <build>
config which filters web.xml (*.xml, actually) and places it in the WEB-INF
directory:

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <!-- the below filters src/.../WEB-INF resources and places the
filtered files in WEB-INF of our target war -->
            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <webResources>
                        <webResource>

<directory>${basedir}/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF</directory>
                            <includes>
                                <include>*.xml</include>
                            </includes>
                            <targetPath>WEB-INF</targetPath>
                            <filtering>true</filtering>
                        </webResource>
                    </webResources>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>

        <filters>
            <filter>src/main/filters/filter-${env}.properties</filter>
        </filters>

        <!-- the below filters general resources and places the filtered
files in WEB-INF/classes of our target war -->
        <resources>
            <resource>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
            </resource>
            <!--
            <resource>
                <directory>src/main/webapp/WEB-INF</directory>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
            </resource>
            -->
        </resources>