Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/27 02:45:21 UTC

terminology (was: [DISCUSSION] Incubating proposal of Kvrocks)

I have a problem with the terminology some people are using:

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 10:28 PM tison <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. The proposal wants to run this podling with 5 IPMCs,

There is ONLY ONE IPMC. aka the Incubator Project Management Committee.

ONE.

IPMC refers to the committee.

The use of "IPMC" to refer to a *MEMBER* of the IPMC is erroneous. The
correct phrase is "5 members of the IPMC".

NOTE: I have seen this elsewhere. A "PMC" is a committee. It is NOT A
PERSON.

-g

Re: terminology (was: [DISCUSSION] Incubating proposal of Kvrocks)

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
Oh, sure. That totally works!

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,