Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marcos <ma...@second.ival.es> on 2000/11/09 10:23:43 UTC

what do i need to run jsp?

hi,

    i have JDK1.2, JSDK2, Apache-1.3.12, ApacheJServ, ...
    servlets are working fine but i want to run .jsp.
    what do i need in order to do that?

any suggestions will be pleased,

thanks in advance,

marcos

--
m a r c o s @ i v a l . e s

Re: what do i need to run jsp?

Posted by Alexander ten Bruggencate <a....@home.nl>.
"Peacher.Net" wrote:

> I did not write that... i replied to it.... and said try...
> http://jakarta.apache.org .....

oops ^_^

-Alexander.

RE: what do i need to run jsp?

Posted by "Peacher.Net" <we...@peacher.net>.
I did not write that... i replied to it.... and said try...
http://jakarta.apache.org .....

>     i have JDK1.2, JSDK2, Apache-1.3.12, ApacheJServ, ...
>     servlets are working fine but i want to run .jsp.
>     what do i need in order to do that?

you need tomcat...then you also no longer need JServ.
there a tomcat/jsp tutorial on javasoft.com

-Alexander.

Re: what do i need to run jsp?

Posted by Alexander ten Bruggencate <a....@home.nl>.

command does not work

Posted by David Miller <dm...@flashcom.net>.
Hi,

I am having trouble getting the <exec> command to run in my ant build.xml
file. The following simple example:

<exec dir="." executable="ls" os="Linux" output="dir.txt" />

produces a java.io.IOException. (...bin/antRun: not found...)

I am running ant version 1.2 on redhat linux 7. Everything else works great.
I actually want to do something more complicated with <exec> (datestamp my
jar'ed output and create a soft link to the successful build from within the
ant script for archiving purposes, which would require a much more
complicated, many worded "executable" command...)

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks,

-David-

Re: Oracle and Tomcat

Posted by John Skovron <jo...@datasynapse.com>.
We use the Oracle 8i Java "thin" JDBC client on Linux without  the oci
native libraries, by including the JDBC extenstions (jdbc2_0-stdext.jar) and
the Oracle Java thin JDBC classes (classes111.zip). You have to get the jars
included in the classpath during the tomcat startup script and specify the
thin client in the JDBC connection parameters. Not sure if that's what you
want but it works for us.

- John

RE: what do i need to run jsp?