Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Steve Flasby <st...@flasby.org> on 2009/04/23 09:47:39 UTC

java.sql.Timestamp converter bug in 1.4RC2

Chaps,

   Ive just noticed that SqlTimestampConverter appears to be broken.
   I expected it to produce a Date/Time as output, but it only produces
   a time. SqlTimeConverter prints a simple time as I expected.

Looking in the code SqlTimestampConverter::convertToString uses:

DateFormat format = DateFormat.getTimeInstance(dateFormat, locale);

when I think it should say:

DateFormat format = DateFormat.getDateTimeInstance(DateFormat.SHORT,
DateFormat.SHORT, locale);

instead.

convertToObject would need a corresponding change to:
DateFormat format = DateFormat.getDateTimeInstance(DateFormat.SHORT,
DateFormat.SHORT, locale);

Am I right or is this behavior by design?

Cheers - Steve

Re: java.sql.Timestamp converter bug in 1.4RC2

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
sounds like a bug, please open a jira issue.

-igor