Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andy Engle <an...@andyengle.com> on 2003/10/09 18:32:52 UTC

When to build/re-deploy?

Greetings.

I am working on my first Struts app, and I have a question about when
to build.  I am doing my development work in Netbeans, and I am
building my project with ant.  My question is this: after I make
changes to an XML file (or files), is it necessary to rebuild?  Also,
is it necessary to re-deploy the application, or does Tomcat check the
updated XML files (such as validation.xml, for example) without the
need to re-deploy?  Do I need to re-build and re-deploy after every
minor change?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Andy