Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2014/02/09 17:32:22 UTC

Finding Hive and Hadoop version from command line

All,

Is there any way from the command prompt I can find which hive version I am using and Hadoop version too?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raj

Re: Finding Hive and Hadoop version from command line

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks

On Sunday, February 9, 2014 11:56 AM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

For Hive, you can use:

bin/hive --version

Cheers

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
For Hive, you can use:

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
For Hive, you can use:

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
For Hive, you can use:

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
For Hive, you can use:

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Thanks Ted.

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Thanks Ted.

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Thanks Ted.

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Thanks Ted.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Sprague <sp...@gmail.com>.
I like:

hive version:  $ schematool -info -dbType <your metastore dbtype>

hadoop version:  $ hadoop version

Lefty recently plugged schematool not long ago so props to her on that one.
Under the covers you'll see that it's a shortcut for hive --service
schemaTool which is the official way to run it. Either way will do it.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.