Posted to users@maven.apache.org by anand sridhar <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/12 00:03:28 UTC

Question on Building Applets

Hi, Im pretty sure my issue is a common scenario across maven projects.
Here is my scenario -

I have a web maven project with a number of dependencies. My project demands
the user of an applet that has a number of dependencies. So, In addition to
building my project, I also need to build my applet jar and package inside
the webapp.

Now, the applet jar file is made up of several project specific classes and
also third party library classes. For eg, the applet jar has functionality
to generate PDF , so i need to package iText related classes as well.
Because of size concerns, I cannot package all classes from all applet
dependencies.

The question I have is how can i create an applet jar with selective classes
from my application, my third party libraries etc.

I have been doing this with the help of ant tasks by calling ant targets as
part of package phase.

Is there a better way of accomplishing this. ? For eg, a maven plugin to a
similar job. ?

Thanks,
Anand