Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Durairaj, Srinivasan (NSN - IN/Hyderabad)" <sr...@nsn.com> on 2011/12/08 11:19:51 UTC

[users@httpd] HTTPD-Semaphore leak

Hi,

We have seen an instance where in one of the instance, httpd was failing
to start. On analyzing, we figured that there were huge number of httpd
semaphores which were created during the httpd startup but never
cleanup.

I am not very sure in what instance the httpd semaphores leak.

Have anyone encountered this issue earlier and if there are any
solutions to it?

What are the scenarios in which the issue could happen?

Regards

Srinivasan

Re: [users@httpd] HTTPD-Semaphore leak

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 18:19:51 +0800
"Durairaj, Srinivasan (NSN - IN/Hyderabad)" <sr...@nsn.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have seen an instance where in one of the instance, httpd was failing
> to start. On analyzing, we figured that there were huge number of httpd
> semaphores which were created during the httpd startup but never
> cleanup.

The most likely cause is that it's exiting uncleanly.  Do you have
something that might kill it, for instance?

A buggy module or in-process script might also cause it,
though that should be reproducible across other users.

--
Nick Kew