Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alex Kachanov <al...@intadev.com> on 2002/07/11 04:43:10 UTC

getRequestURI()

Hello!

This is a page:

<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=Shift_JIS"%>
<%@page session="true"%>

So, guys, what do you think "request.getRequestURI()" method should return
when cookies are switched of in browser and you clikc on "Check this" link?

JRun 3.1 and Jrun 4.0 are sure it should return
/index.jsp;jsessionid=384975938475

While all other Application servers return just:
/index.jsp

Who is right?

with best wishes
Alexander Kachanov

client certificate in SSL

Posted by Johnny <ke...@mimos.my>.
To all Tomcat users,

I am using apache+tomcat 4.0.3 and trying to get the client certificate in
SSL.

>From my JSP codes,
java.security.cert.X509Certificate[] certs;
certs=(java.security.cert.X509Certificate[])request.getAttribute("javax.serv
let.request.X509Certificate")

The result is always null. I already changed the clientAuth = true in
server.xml but it is still null. Did I miss out something?

Regards,
Johnny.

Re: getRequestURI()

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
I'd say the first one, but I'm not authoritative.  To the best of my
recollection, however, that is precisely what encodeURL is there for.
 Hopefully someone else will have something additional to add.  I
_really_ think it should be the first (including the sessionid - and
other cookies/params too?).

Regards,

Eddie

AW: getRequestURI() final.

Posted by "Power-Netz (Schwarz)" <sc...@power-netz.de>.

> JRun 3.1 and Jrun 4.0 are sure it should return
> /index.jsp;jsessionid=384975938475
>

> While all other Application servers return just:
> /index.jsp
>
> Who is right?

If you had tested it with cookies turned off , you had have this
result : "index.jsp;jsessionid=n2mcnodtnl"
with cookies turned on , you just get "index.jsp".

-> TC 3.3.x Linux

cu

M.Schwarz