Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nicholas Rahn <ni...@mnc.ch> on 2002/12/18 19:22:32 UTC

Setting context parameters when reloading a WAR file?

We are using TC 4.1.17 in stand-alone mode and are having a problem
reloading a context using the Manager application.

When reloading a context installed directly from a WAR file using the
remove and install Manager commands, our application is failing because
the context parameters defined in the server.xml file are not being
passed to the installed context.

For example, we have the context:

	<Context path="mycontext"
	         docBase="/path/to/my/war/my.war"
		 debug="0" reloadable="true">
          <Parameter name="my.one.parameter"
	             value="one"
                     override="false"/>
          <Parameter name="my.two.parameter"
	             value="two"
                     override="false"/>
        </Context>

During normal startup, the parameters my.one.parameter and
my.two.parameter are correctly passed via the servlet context as
initParameters.  However, when we remove/install this context via the
Manager, these parameters are not passed and thus our application is not
correctly reloaded.

Does anyone have a solution for this?  Is there a special parameter we
can pass to the manager?install to pass these parameters to our
application?

Thanks for your help,
Nick