Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Ian Dickinson <i....@gmail.com> on 2014/07/01 23:45:34 UTC

Re: Fixes to the schemagen plugin

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To do exactly what you suggest, all we need to do is revert my change;
> the build-helper-maven-plugin is already a way to add a directory to
> the source roots via pom config.
>
> However, I have a more complex idea to offer you:
>
> Maybe redundancy is not redundancy.
>
> We tell users: If you want to just produce sources to include in the
> build, you use my new top-level property as the single source root,
> and we will add it to the build, and all will be well. If you want to
> do something more complex, you can use the older scheme, and it's up
> to you to arrange for it to compile, perhaps using the
> build-helper-maven-plugin.
>
> To make this really painless, we'd need one more boolean property:
> useOutputDirectory. Default is false, preserving old behavior. Set to
> true, gets new behavior, respecting new property.
>
> WDYT?
I can see your logic. OK, since you're the one with the active use
case, and since no-one has commented at all on users@, I'm in favour
of you proceeding as you suggest.

Any one else?

Ian

Re: Fixes to the schemagen plugin

Posted by Stephen Allen <sa...@apache.org>.
Seems to make sense.  I use schemagen and maven, but I don't use the
plugin.  Rather I use "exec-maven-plugin" combined with
"build-helper-maven-plugin" as described at [1].

-Stephen
[1] https://jena.apache.org/documentation/tools/schemagen.html