Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by je...@bnf.fr on 2012/07/06 10:09:11 UTC

how-to Define a backup ldap server

Recently I had to connect to Active Directory. That's works fine, except
one issue to manage: In our infrastructure, the load balancing between main
ldap server and backup must be done by the applications, it's not automatic
via a load balancer or what ever. Is it due to AD, or is it just a
paricularity of our infrastructure, I don't know.
Anyway, looking through spring features, I discovered that it could be
done, without changing any code, jsut spring security-ldap file.
Basically, I just had to replace, in
org.springframework.ldap.core.support.LdapContextSource bean  url by urls,
and to list the differents ldap server.
The detailed documentation is here:
http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/LDAP-howto

Jérôme

Exposition  La Presse à la Une. De la  Gazette  à Internet  - du 11 avril au 15 juillet 2012 - BnF - François-Mitterrand Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.

Re: how-to Define a backup ldap server

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you so much for the valuable information and the update on the wiki page!
I'll try to find time to promote your wiki page to the product documentation soon.

Thanks again and cheers,

Woonsan