Posted to user@flume.apache.org by cherubimsun <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/18 07:58:21 UTC

how to stop the flume ng?

hi all,
How to stop the flume ng?

When we wanna to start the ng ,we used:bin/flume-ng agent -n agent_name -c conf -f conf/flume-conf.properties.
If we prepare to stop it,usually we will kill the pid of flume ng.But when we kill the process,the hdfs sink file of flume ng will not closed ever.
It's a bug or we have the second way to stop the flume ng??

thanks a lot!

2013-06-18

cherubimsun

Re: Re: how to stop the flume ng?

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
When you do Ctrl-C, a shutdown hook is invoked which takes care of shutting
down.
Another way would be to quickly expose the Shutdown option via  JMX Bean
and invoke it using JConsole/VisualVM.

I have not played with HDFS sink yet, so cannot provide much insight. Best
would be to track this via a JIRA.

--
thanks
ashish