Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com> on 2001/07/18 02:23:10 UTC

[DOC] INSTALL.txt

Along the right line?  Used the formatting from the TC4 readme files.

Needs some polish.

- r

Re: [DOC] INSTALL.txt

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Rob S. at rslifka@home.com wrote:

> Agreed... (re: Win/Unix sections).  Is a Mac section worth it?  I don't have
> access to a Mac and haven't the slightest clue how they work =)

Mac? Under OS/9 it doesn't work (only Java platform 1 over there)... OS/X is
basically a unix box, so, no worries there...

    Pier

RE: [DOC] INSTALL.txt

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
I'm going to include this in the beta 6 release tonight, after a couple of
tweaks (and a mention of the new Windows-installer based version that Remy
has created).  Also, we'll need pointers to the RPMs that Henri so
graciously creates, and corresponding directions to install them.

MacOS X is, AFAIK, similar enough to the other Unixes that it doesn't need
a separate section.

Craig

RE: [DOC] INSTALL.txt

Posted by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com>.
Agreed... (re: Win/Unix sections).  Is a Mac section worth it?  I don't have
access to a Mac and haven't the slightest clue how they work =)

I also redid the default homepage (ROOT/index.html) but forgot to send a
copy home from work =(

- r

Re: [DOC] INSTALL.txt

Posted by gu...@stinky.com.

Re: [DOC] INSTALL.txt

Posted by Adam Fowler <af...@aber.ac.uk>.
Wow, that was quick 8o) Always a good thing with install instructions!

Here's the update INSTALL.txt

Adam.

----
Adam Fowler
Help Desk Live Project
Information Services
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Web guy+author on the TomcatBook Project
http://tomcatbook.sourceforge.net
e-mail: adamfowler@chillin.co.uk
----

RE: [DOC] INSTALL.txt

Posted by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com>.
Heyya Adam,

> I'm gonna follow your doc to install tomcat 4 on mandrake
> tonight. I'll make
> change to it for *nix platforms and highlight them then e-mail you the
> revised copy 8o)

Cool, thanks =)  Hopefully after that, one of the TC4 committers will check
it out and give it the 'ok' for inclusion.

As well, we've sort of petered out on the big DOC movement.  At this point,
I'm just going to write everything I feel like in plain readme form like the
release notes.  It'll be easy enough to convert to whatever we end up using.

- r

Re: [DOC] INSTALL.txt

Posted by Adam Fowler <af...@aber.ac.uk>.
Hi,