Posted to dev@click.apache.org by Haim Schindler <ha...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/13 18:05:30 UTC

How to create simple anchor

*I need to dynamically create an html link that points to another page.
Is this the way to do it ?
*
@Bindable
protected ActionLink someLink;
someLink.setActionListener(new ActionListener() {
      public boolean onAction(Control source) {
           String path = getContext().getPagePath(SomePage.class);
           setRedirect(path);
           return true;
      }
});

*the problem with this is that it uses "Redirect" so two calls are issues to
the server instead of one if I just generate the html link by myself.*

Re: How to create simple anchor

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Haim,

On 14/04/2010 02:05, Haim Schindler wrote:

> *I need to dynamically create an html link that points to another page.
> Is this the way to do it ?

You can use a PageLink instead of a ActionLink to link to a Page directly.

> someLink.setActionListener(new ActionListener() {
>        public boolean onAction(Control source) {
>             String path = getContext().getPagePath(SomePage.class);
>             setRedirect(path);
>             return true;
>        }
> });
>
> *the problem with this is that it uses "Redirect" so two calls are
> issues to the server instead of one if I just generate the html link by
> myself.*

You could also use a "forward" instead of a "redirect", but that leave the browser URL referring to
the previous page, which might not be what you want.

Your best bet is probably a PageLink.

kind regards

bob