Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Prashobh Chandran <vp...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/10 12:34:09 UTC

How to Speed Up Solr ResposeWriter

Hi,

   Currently we are using solr 5.3.1 engine, Im getting json format results
from engine. But it's taking time to getting results, So i need to speed up
solr response writer. Is there anyway?

Please reply asap...

Regards,
Prasobh

Re: How to Speed Up Solr ResposeWriter

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You need to describe your problem more fully. The response writer is
rarely a bottleneck, so I'm guessing there are things you aren't
telling us. Are you returning thousands of rows? Are the documents
huge? Details matter.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 5/10/2017 6:34 AM, Prashobh Chandran wrote:
>    Currently we are using solr 5.3.1 engine, Im getting json format results
> from engine. But it's taking time to getting results, So i need to speed up
> solr response writer. Is there anyway?

It seems very unlikely that the response writer is the reason it's
slow.  The response writer just converts the data gathered for the
response to the specific format requested.  This is typically a VERY
fast process compared to executing the query and retrieving results.

Asking Erick's questions in a different way:  What is your evidence that
the response writer is the source of whatever problem you're having?

Thansk,
Shawn