Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael <mi...@idtect.com> on 2002/09/02 17:43:54 UTC

Nesting tiles:getAsString with struts bean:message

Is it possible to nest a tiles:getAsString tag inside a struts
bean:message tag?  This is what I'm trying to do:

  <definition name="plant_status_page"
              extends="default_layout"

    <put name="body"  value="plant_status_body"/>
    <put name="title" value="plant_status_page.title" />
  </definition>

  <title>
    <bean:message key="base.title"/> -
    <bean:message key="<tiles:getAsString name="title"/>"/>
  </title>

I get:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException:
/jsp/layouts/default_layout.jsp(8,53) Attribute title has no value

I've tried several combinations including single quotes and double
quotes, and escaping the quotes with backslashes, but none of them work.
If I just do this:

  <title>
    <bean:message key="base.title"/> -
    <tiles:getAsString name="title"/>
  </title>

It does in fact work.  So I think the problem is nesting the two
together.

Michael