Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Ja...@cardsetc.com on 2000/03/29 01:37:29 UTC

Tomcat webserver connector direction, and an offer for help!

Folks,

I would like to ask for a bit more information about the architectural
direction that tomcat webserver connectors (esp. Apache) are heading in.  I
am keen to see some functionality in the Apache connector that allows me to
specify additional environment variables (ie. SSL environment variables)
that can be sent to Tomcat over AJP.

Also, as this is something I am interested in seeing as soon as possible,
how can I put my money where my mouth is, and help implement such
functionality? (Within the limit of having to work on such code in my own
time).

I was going to start work on a patch for this... but looking at the source
code base it appears that some rearchitecturing is taking place in this
area?

Please let me know!

Regards,
James W.

Cards Etc will be on stand 573 at CardTech SecureTech in Miami
from 2nd May to 4th May. Look forward to seeing you there!

This e-mail is from Cards Etc Pty Ltd (ACN: 069 533 302).
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us immediately
(by reply e-mail) and delete this e-mail from your system.

Re: Tomcat webserver connector direction, and an offer for help!

Posted by Jean-Luc Rochat <jn...@cybercable.fr>.
JamesW@cardsetc.com wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I would like to ask for a bit more information about the architectural
> direction that tomcat webserver connectors (esp. Apache) are heading in.  I
> am keen to see some functionality in the Apache connector that allows me to
> specify additional environment variables (ie. SSL environment variables)
> that can be sent to Tomcat over AJP.
>
> Also, as this is something I am interested in seeing as soon as possible,
> how can I put my money where my mouth is, and help implement such
> functionality? (Within the limit of having to work on such code in my own
> time).
>
> I was going to start work on a patch for this... but looking at the source
> code base it appears that some rearchitecturing is taking place in this
> area?
>
> Please let me know!
Hi James,

This patch already exists for Apache and JServ. I am about to commit it
today (I was having Karma problems with CVS until now ;-)
You will have to specify all additional env var that you want mod_jserv
to propagate.

But : there is nothing in Tomcat written to store/use these variables.
They are simply ignored. You can start proposing things in this area.

Jean-Luc Rochat