Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sébastien BRUNOT <sb...@octo.com> on 2004/03/16 19:04:18 UTC

Changing pom.currentVersion in maven.xml

Hi,

I try to change the pom.currentVersion in a maven.xml defined goal, but
it seems not possible...

I have a project.xml that defines the pom.currentVersion value as
"1.0.00" (<currentVersion>1.0.00</currentVersion>), and the
Following goal definition in maven.xml :

<goal name="mygoal">
	<jelly:set var="pom.currentVersion"
value="${pom.currentVersion}-SOMETHINGELSE"/>
	<ant:echo message"pom.currentVersion changed to
${pom.currentVersion}"/>
</goal>

A "maven mygoal" displays "[echo] pom.currentVersion changed to 1.0.00",
whereas i'm waiting for "[echo] pom.currentVersion changed to
1.0.00-SOMETHINGELSE"

Is it normal behavior ?

By the way, i'd like to dynamically change the name of the artifacts
built in a multiproject environment so that this name include a
subversion repository number in it : my idea was to dynamically change
the pom.currentVersion before running a multiproject:artifact. Any other
idea ? If i define a goal in my main project.xml that renames an
artifact in ${maven.build.dir}, will this goal be inherited by each
maven project that extends the project.xml (so that oi can execute this
goal with multiproject without redefining it in each subproject) ?

Sebastien Brunot

---