Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com> on 2018/05/17 02:56:00 UTC

discussion:provide official docker image of Apache OFBiz?

Good morning,

Shouldn't we provide a official docker image in hub.docker.com as most
open source projects do?

This could ease the installation of ofbiz, even with including the
dependencies which is possible with gradle >3.5

To already prepare, I reserved the ofbiz username .

more info at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10407

opinions?

Hans Bakker
CEO, http://antwebsystems.com

Re: discussion:provide official docker image of Apache OFBiz?

Posted by Deepak Nigam <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jonhson,

For this, you can apply a hook into a running Docker container using the
command "docker exec -it <container> bash". Basically, you need to
configure your EntityEngine.xml file for using the stock DB. For more
information on how to configure EntityEngine.xml, please visit here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Entity+Engine+Configuration+Guide>
.

As for as the sample data is concerned, you can exclude the demo data
reader from the gradle target used to load data. (i.e. don't use ./gradlew
loadAll, use specific one ./gradlew "ofbiz --load-data
readers=seed,seed-initial,ext-seed,ext"). You need to run this command from
the root of your project in the container.

HTH!

Thanks & Regards
Deepak Nigam
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwax.co>.
Hi User,

Your email has been moderated, Please subscribe to the mailing list
http://ofbiz.apache.org/mailing-lists.html

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit

[...]